Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The PDC Day 2

So it's day two of the PDC and I'm finally getting to post. Internet access is way spotty at our hotel (at least we have power now) and it's hard to post from a tablet here.

I was a little underwhelmed over what was announced here. In 2003 we were fairly blown away by everything (granted some of that isn't going to be shipping). It just seems like most of this tech was already known about before we got here. The Office 12 changes were a suprise to me, and I can't wait to get to play with it all. The WPF/e stuff is definately cool also. I don't know that re-releasing features that were being touted a year ago really counts as new tech (Vista Sidebar).

Still, it's great to get to talk 1 on 1 with lots of the people here.

As a side note I had two run-ins with Robert Scoble. First was literally that. I bumped into him on Tues night and almost dumped my dinner on him. Second one was when Tony and I happened to catch an interview in the Big Room.
Scoble Interview